THE FLUFFIEST GLUTEN FREE VICTORIA SPONGE CAKE
You will need 2cake tins 15cm/6inch and parchment or baking paper
For the cake
- Eurostar gluten free self raising flour - 125g
- Unsalted butter - 125g
- Granulated sugar 125g
- Eggs -3 times large free range if possible
- Little extra butter for the tin
For the filling
- Jam - 6 tbsp
- Double cream - 50g
- Icing sugar -1 tsp
- Pre-heat the oven.
- Take a little butter and rub it’s around the edges and a little on the base of your cake tins, then cut out 2 circular pieces of parchment paper and place them on the bases of the tins
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl.
- Cut the butter into small cubes and put them into a mixing bowl.
- Break the eggs into the bowl, add the sugar and beat well.
- Divide the mixture equally between the prepared baking tins.
- Bake for around 25-30 mins or the cakes are just brown and start to come away from the side of the tin.
- Turn the cakes out on to a wire rack, peel off the paper and leave to cool.
- Spread jam onto one cold sponge.
- Whip the cream and spread it over the jam.
- Place the second sponge on top.
- Sieve the icing sugar over the cake.
- If you want you can always decorate it with a few fresh strawberries