Gluten Free Tortillas
- 300g Eurostar Gluten Free Tortilla Flour
- 200ml tepid water, enough to make a dough (do not use hot water as this will make the dough too sticky)
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Put the flour and salt into a large bowl and add the water to the flour in small amounts to bind it, be careful not to make the dough too wet.
- Knead the mixture together properly so that its sticks together – for around 5 minutes.
- Roll the mixture together and leave it to stand in a warm spot for at least one hour. Then form the dough into small balls and flatten down.
- Dust plenty of flour over your rolling pin and work surface to stop your dough from sticking.
- Roll out gently with a rolling pin, be aware it is easy to tear the dough when rolling thinly.
- Heat the pan, then cook the tortilla for 2 mins each side on a medium heat, until cooked through.
The tortillas can be kept in the fridge for a couple of days but will dry out a little. Stack them on a plate with some baking parchment in between to stop them sticking together, or alternatively wrap in cling film. Can also be frozen.
This flour contains buckwheat flakes which will be visible in the cooked tortillas.