Gluten Free Shortbread
Makes 10 gluten free shortbreads.
- 180g Eurostar gluten free Premium Self Raising Flour
- 120g butter softened
- 55g caster sugar
- 75g chocolate chips dairy free if necessary
- 1 tsp vanilla extract optional
- Beat together softened butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add in your 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Add flour and mix again. Mix until there is no white flour showing and it’s crumbly.
- Add in your chocolate chips and stir so evenly dispersed.
- Bring the dough together in your hands, do this in 2-3 lumps (by doing it this way you don't over mix the dough).
- Wrap up the dough in some cling film and allow to sit in the fridge for at least an hour to firm up. If you don't do this step the shortbread will spread as the butter melts too much.
- Preheat your oven to 160C fan / 180C. Prepare a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper (I usually have a couple of trays)
- Once chilled, lightly flour a surface and roll out your dough make to your desired shape.
- Keep cutting out your shapes and place them on a prepared baking sheet. Keep rolling your dough out and cutting it out until all the dough has been used up. Don't place your shapes too close.
- Bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes until they start to turn slightly golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the baking tray. Don't try to move them when they are hot, they are delicate at that stage and firm up once cool.
- TIPS, if you’re using a cookie cutter don’t roll the dough to thin as they may break.
Tips – Why not sprinkle a little sugar on top once they come out of the oven while they are cooling.