Gluten Free Rotis By Anjula Devi
Preparation time 10 minutes, cooking time 2 minutes
- 250g gluten free flour (I used Eurostar Foods)
- 180ml lukewarm water
- Add the flour into a bowl.
- Add half the water and begin to combine the flour and water together.
- Then add the remaining water and form a smooth supple dough, kneading the dough for 3-4 minutes.
- Take about 40g of dough and shape it into a round ball. Then place it in some dry flour and flatten the ball with the palm of your hand.
- Roll out on a flat surface, ideally using an Indian rolling pin.
- Heat the tawa (Indian frying pan). Now cook the chapattis on both sides until golden-brown, taking up to 1 minute per side.
Gently apply pressure to the chapatti whilst cooking, with a chapatti fluffer, to get the best results.