Gluten Free Puri Recipe
- 150g Eurostar gluten free chapati flour (medium brown)
- 80ml warm water
- 7ml (1/2 tbsp) milk
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 ltr rapeseed oil heated to 200 degrees
- Place the flour in a large bowl.
- Add the water in small amounts to the flour in order to bind it. Don’t make the dough too wet. Only use enough water to form a dough. The quantity specified is estimated, use more or less as needed.
- Knead the mixture together for about 5 minutes until it sticks together.
- Add the milk and salt and knead for another 5 minutes.
- Roll the dough in a ball and cover the dough with a damp cloth or paper towel. Place it somewhere warm for at least 1 hour.
- Split the dough into 4 evenly sized balls and make them as round as you can.
- Roll out into discs they don’t have to be perfect but keep them on the thicker side instead of thin because they risk falling apart then.
- Place them gently into the hot oil nor more than 2 at a time, once they puff up on one side turn over once golden brown take out.