Gluten Free Chapatis
This is a traditional family recipe for chapatis, adapted to get the most from our gluten free chapati flour.
- 3 mugs / cups Eurostar Gluten Free Chapati Flour (around 300g)
- Enough cold/tepid water to make a dough (around 200ml) - ensure not to use hot water as this will make the dough sticky
- 1 tablespoon milk (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- Put the chapati flour into a large bowl
- Add the water to the flour in small amounts to bind it – keep in mind that you are adding milk later, so be careful not to make the dough too wet
- Knead the mixture together properly so that its sticks together – for around 5 minutes
- Add the milk and salt if using and knead it in for another 5 minutes
- Roll the mixture together and leave it to stand in a warm spot for at least one hour. Then form the dough into small balls and flatten down
- Dust plenty of flour over your rolling pin and work surface, make sure the flour is dry, this will stop your dough from sticking
- Roll out with a rolling pin into shape. Make the rotis thicker, if too thin they may fall apart.
- Heat in a frying pan or tawaa until golden brown